Faculty IV - Institute of Software Engineering and Theoretical Computer Science / Machine Learning and Security
Research Assistant - salary grade E13 TV-L Berliner Hochschulen
part-time employment may be possible
The Chair of "Machine Learning and Security" explores the interface between computer security and artificial intelligence (AI). The chair develops new approaches to protect learning-based systems and defend against attacks and malware. It is part of the Al Competence Center BIFOLD in Berlin.
The chair is looking for a research assistant (PhD student) for the project AIGENCY. This project investigates the opportunities and risks of generative Al (such as ChatGPT) from the perspective of computer security. It explores the attack surface of generative Al models and develops novel attack and protection mechanisms. The aim is to scientifically assess security risks and contain them at an early stage.
- Research and security analysis of generative Al models
- Analysis of vulnerabilities and attacks on generative Al
- Development of protection mechanisms for generative Al
- Scientific publishing and possibility of pursuing a PhD
- Successfully completed university degree (Master, Diplom or equivalent) in Computer Science or in a related technical area
- Strong expertise in machine learning and/or computer security
- Good knowledge of German and/or English required; willingness to acquire the respective missing language skills
- Interest and enthusiasm for cutting-edge research
- Innovative and collaborative mindset
- Exciting and challenging research work
- Collaborative and positive academic environment•
- Renowned and dedicated team
- Vivid network of researchers worldwide
How to apply
Please send your application with the reference number and the usual documents (one file max. 5
MB) only via email to email@example.com.
By submitting your application via email you consent to having your data electronically processed and saved. Please note that we do not provide a guarantee for the protection of your personal data when submitted as unprotected file. Please find our data protection notice acc. DSGVO (General Data Protection Regulation) at the TU staff department homepage: https://www.abt2-t.tu-berlin.de/menue/themen_a_z/datenschutzerklaerung/ or quick access 214041.
To ensure equal opportunities between women and men, applications by women with the required qualifications are explicitly desired. Qualified individuals with disabilities will be favored. The
|Number of employees
|Category TU Berlin
|Research assistant without teaching obligation
|Start date (earliest)
|full-time; part-time employment may be possible
|Salary grade E13
|Master, Diplom or equivalent
|Prof. Dr. Rieck
|Cover letter, curriculum vitae, references
Technische Universität Berlin